Writer's Voice: How To Write With Sizzle and Substance While Retaining YOUR Authenticity
If there’s one thing we heard over and over at the last Screenwriters Festival it was agents, producers, showrunners and execs saying they were looking for ‘unique and distinct voices…’
So even with a solid pitch, an enthusiastic script request, an obvious love for your concept, the end result could still be a desultory PASS from the reader.
Why? ‘We are looking for a more unique and authentic voice’.
In this workshop we will show you how to better understand what your unique and authentic voice could be, share tools to reveal it, and then zero in on how to add it to your work.
In this workshop you will…
- Understand how to identify your foundational ‘voice’ by zooming out on your stories and passions.
- Once isolated, we will go micro and into the nitty gritty of words on the page, dialogue, scene descriptions and apply that ‘voice’.
- Create entirely new scenes from your stories written from your ‘authentic voice’.
- Understand what and why YOUR voice is unique and WHY it makes everything you write jump off the page.
- Embrace writing with greater fearlessness as writing from an ‘authentic voice’ requires courage.
If you want to switch out some words to ‘find-your-voic’e, go ahead and use a thesaurus. No doubt it will improve your writing.
But that isn’t this course.
This workshop will challenge you to become a better writer in just one day, and you will leave with new tools, insight into what makes your writing sizzle and a swagger to tell it you way. To tell your story in your voice. Your Unique and Distinct Voice…
Recent Feedback For This Course
‘This one hit me in the solar plexus! If I could listen to it every morning to re-inspire and remind me why I write, I would.’
Varsha Shah // Screenwriter
‘Thought-provoking with helpful advice, delivered with enthusiasm. In Bob’s words, “Never be bland!”‘
Alison Clapham // Screenwriter
‘Bob is totally engaging, covers lots of aspects with great examples and is totally authentic about the whole writing process. So many ideas hit home and there was never a dull moment.’
Dympna Jardine // Screenwriter
Read All Feedback HERE
This class is run by screenwriter Bob Schultz. For more than 20 years, Bob has been training screenwriters , helping thousands of writers clarify their stories, reorganise their ideas and build confidence to bring the very best version of any writer, to the opportunities they create.